Why Washington? Here's some pretty good reasons.
- The Living Is Easy
- Exports Giant
- A Great Investment
- 8 Key Sectors
- Top 10 Reasons
Washington State is located in the northwest corner of the United States. It is bordered by Canada to the north, Oregon to the south and the Pacific Ocean to the west. Washington is equidistant between Asian and European markets via direct flights from Sea-Tac International Airport, an ideal gateweay to business around the world. And some of its ports are a day's sail closer to Asia than other deepwater ports on the west coast, including Los Angeles and San Francisco.
- 73% of Washington's power comes from the largest coordinated hydroelectric system in the world.
- The state is the 3rd biggest exporter in the U.S., nipping on the heels of Texas and California.
- Cellular networks, the jumbo jet, bone marrow transplants and Cinnabons all got their start here.
- Among major cities, the greater Seattle area ranks 44th in annual rainfall, getting less rain than Miami, Boston and New York.
- Alibaba, Apple, Best Buy, Dropbox, Facebook, Space X and Twitter all have offices in Washington State, tapping into the top-tier talent and culture of creativity the state is known for.
- Alaska Air, Amazon, Costco, Eddie Bauer, Expedia, Microsoft, Nordstrom, Paccar and Weyerhaeuser are headquartered here.